8th Street Station Eastbound Elevator Replacement Project
Eastbound Elevator Out of Service October 10, 2016 - February 2017
The 8th St. Station Eastbound elevator replacement project will improve reliability to the Station and Market Frankford Line service.
Alternate Accessibility Service Options
Spring Garden Station:
- Take Market Frankford Line to Spring Garden Station and cross the platform for Westbound service (towards 69th St.) to 8th St. Station
PATCO Access to 8th St. Station Westbound Elevator:
- Customers have the option to enter through PATCO turnstiles using the PATCO elevators for access to the SEPTA Eastbound platform. Please look for signage at the PATCO fare entrance for instruction.
FEBRUARY 2017 Saturday & Sunday Alternate Access:
The PATCO elevator is the ONLY ACCESSIBLE option to enter 8th St. Station on Saturday, February 4 and Sunday, February 5
- Due to construction at 15th St. Station, Customers must enter the system using the PATCO elevators for Eastbound & Westbound service Saturday, February 4 and Sunday, February 5. ALL Trains board from the Eastbound platform. ALL Trains will board from the WESTBOUND platform all other weekends in February
Accessible Bus Route Options
- Customers may also use Bus Routes 17, 33, 38, and 44 for Eastbound and Westbound service on Market St.
The 8th St. Station Westbound elevator (located on the north side of Market St., will be in service during this project
Customer Tips & Additional Information
- Elevator status information is updated daily on the 24-hour elevator status hotline: 877-737-8428 or online.
- This project is expected to last through the end of February. Customers will be notified prior to any additional changes at 8th St. Station
This Project includes:
- Replacement of the elevator at the Southeast corner of 8th St. Station
- Construction of a new elevator control room with power, lighting, and ventilation
- Installation of new directional signage for customers and safety and security enhancements