8th Street Station Eastbound Elevator Replacement Project
Eastbound Elevator Out of Service through May 2017
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: The Eastbound elevator will remain out of service through May 2017. Updates will be posted online and at stations. Customers should continue to use the alternate service options listed below:
The 8th St. Station Eastbound elevator replacement project will improve reliability to the Station and Market Frankford Line service.
Alternate Accessibility Service Options
Spring Garden Station:
- Take Market Frankford Line to Spring Garden Station and cross the platform for Westbound service (towards 69th St.) to 8th St. Station
PATCO Access to 8th St. Station Westbound Elevator:
- Customers have the option to enter through PATCO turnstiles using the PATCO elevators for access to the SEPTA Eastbound platform. Please look for signage at the PATCO fare entrance for instruction.
Mayt2017 Alternate Boarding
Due to construction, at 15th St. Station, trains will board from the following locations:
- FRIDAY, MAY 5th at 10:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m., SUNDAY, MAY 7th: ALL trains will board from the EASTBOUND PLATFORM. The PATCO elevator will be the ONLY accessible option to enter 8th St. Station
- FRIDAY, MAY 12th at 10:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m. SUNDAY, MAY 14th: ALL trains will board from the WESTBOUND PLATFORM. Customers can enter the station using the Westbound elevator
Accessible Bus Route Options
- Customers may also use Bus Routes 17, 33, 38, and 44 for Eastbound and Westbound service on Market St.
The 8th St. Station Westbound elevator (located on the north side of Market St.), will be in service during this project
Customer Tips & Additional Information
- Elevator status information is updated daily on the 24-hour elevator status hotline: 877-737-8428 or online.
- Customers will be notified prior to any additional changes at 8th St. Station
This Project includes:
- Replacement of the elevator at the Southeast corner of 8th St. Station
- Construction of a new elevator control room with power, lighting, and ventilation
- Installation of new directional signage for customers and safety and security enhancements