Become a SEPTA Key Regional Rail Early Adopter
Zone 4 TrailPass Customers who travel from one of the 19 stations listed below are invited to join the Future of Fare Payment.
EARLY ADOPTERS PROGRAM:
- Buy a SEPTA Key Card & purchase a Monthly Zone 4 Trail Pass
August Monthly Zone 4 TrailPasses for your new Key Card go on sale starting July 20th
- Don't Forget to Register Your Card to protect your Card and Pass in the event your Card is ever lost or stolen
- SEPTA Key Ambassadors will also visit the Early Adopters Zone 4 Regional Rail Stations to provide information and answer questions
- If you miss the Mobile Fare Kiosk - purchase your Key Card & Zone 4 TrailPass at one of the 5 Center City Regional Rail Station Sales Offices
- Customers who purchase a Zone 4 TrailPass through a Corporate program and riders who purchase a Monthly Parking Permit are not eligible for the Early Adopters Program
ZONE 4 EARLY ADOPTERS STATIONS
Delaware Valley University
West Trenton Line
USING SEPTA KEY IS AS EASY AS...
TAP RIDE TAP
- TAP your Key Card at one of the platform Validators at your home station
- TAP your Key Card again at the Validator when you get to your destination to exit the station or close your trip
- If you forget to tap before boarding the train, ask the Conductor to tap your Key Card on their handheld device
- At Temple, Jefferson, Suburban, 30th St. and University City Stations you will tap at the turnstiles to get in and out of the paid area
UPCOMING SEPTA KEY FEATURES FOR REGIONAL RAIL
- After the Early Adopters, the rest of the Zones (1,2,3, and remaining 4) will follow for customers who purchase TrailPasses
- Key Card Fare Options will expand to the Travel Wallet feature - available for riders who use Tickets or pay Cash on the Train today
- Paying for Daily Parking at a Station Parking Pay Station
As part of the preparations for the Early Adopters launch, the new Key turnstiles and ADA gates are being activated at all Center City Rail stations. The turnstiles at Jefferson Station are currently in operation and will be followed by University City on July 2, Temple University on July 9, Suburban on July 16, and 30th Street by the end of July. Once the roto-arms are up and the turnstiles are in operation at all of the Center City Stations, customers will TAP their Key Card or SWIPE their magnetic strip Pass at the turnstile to enter and exit
Regional Rail customers who are not part of the Early Adopters program can continue to buy and use all of the current fare instruments -- magnetic stripe TrailPasses and paper tickets.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR KEY CARD
- Create an account by going to www.septakey.org and clicking on "create an account" in the blue box at the top left side of the homepage.
- This takes you to the Account Registration page. Fill in the field with your information and follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Once you are finished with Account Registration, you will receive an email to Confirm Registration. Click the link in the e-mail and you'll be ready to go.
- Return to www.septakey.org and enter your username and password in the blue log-in box. Hit enter.
- On the next screen, there will be a red icon on the left that says Register Key Card. Click on the link and include your 16-digit Key Card number when it asks for "Key Card." You also need to create a PIN for your card.
- Once you've entered all the information to register your Key Card, click submit - and your Key Card registration is complete. You can now use the Key website to load/reload fares, set up an auto-load account, review your trip history, or report a lost or stolen Card.
Contact the Key Call Center
- You can also register your Card by phone by calling the Key Customer Call Center at 855-567-3782 (this is not SEPTA Customer Service).
The SEPTA Key Mobile Fare Kiosk will be out between 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 at the following Zone 4 Stations for SEPTA Key Card purchase and registration events:
||Friday, July 20
||Monday, July 23
||Tuesday, July 24
||Wednesday, July 25
||Thursday, July 26
||Friday, July 27
||Monday, July 30
||Tuesday, July 31
||Wednesday, August 1
||Thursday, August 2
||Friday, August 3
Zone 4 Early Adopters from Chalfont, Colmar, Delaware Valley University, Fortuna, Link Belt, New Britain, Yardley, and 9th Street Stations can purchase a Key Card and an August Monthly Zone TrailPass at one of the 5 Center City Regional Rail Station Sales Offices.