Developing SEPTA's Sustainability Program Plan
SEPTA worked with its partners to develop a program plan for sustainability. The plan, entitled "SEP-TAINABLE: The Route to Regional Sustainability," places SEPTA's existing sustainability initiatives into a comprehensive, strategic framework for building a more sustainable SEPTA and a more sustainable region.
What is Our Approach to Sustainability?
SEPTA is in the business of sustainability. Our approach to sustainability is "triple-bottom-line" - accounting for economic, social, and environmental organizational needs and regional opportunities. Working with our partners, SEPTA will use this three-pronged "people-planet-prosperity" approach to drive sustainable decision-making through the organization and work to build a more sustainable region.
How It Fits Into Our Strategy for the Future
Strategic Business Plan for Fiscal Years 2015 through 2019
SEPTA's Strategic Business Plan established a vision to be the region's preferred choice for transportation, and to earn that choice through:
- Connecting the region for integrated mobility
- Sustaining our environment and preserving our system for future generations
- Committing to continuous improvement and innovation
- Providing safe, excellent service by a team of dedicated employees
- SEPTA is dedicated to delivering safe, reliable, sustainable, accessible, and customer-focused public transit services, contributing to the region's economic vitality, sustainability, and enhanced quality of life.